||1 year ago|
|brutaldon||1 year ago|
|docs/screenshots||3 years ago|
|.gitignore||1 year ago|
|Dockerfile||1 year ago|
|INSTALL.md||3 years ago|
|LICENSE||3 years ago|
|Pipfile||2 years ago|
|README.md||1 year ago|
|docker-compose.yml||1 year ago|
|manage.py||4 years ago|
|nginx.conf||1 year ago|
|package.json||2 years ago|
Note: If you are seeing this on Github, this repo is a mirror that may not be up-to-date. Please go to https://git.carcosa.net/jmcbray/brutaldon for the latest code.
There is a hosted instance at brutaldon.online which you can use to log in to any instance. However, you are also encouraged to run your own, either locally or on a public server.
Brutaldon is ready for day to day use, and is my main way of interacting with the fediverse. It is still missing some features you might want, like lists, filters, and editing your own profile. Please see the issues tracker.
People love screenshots, whatever the project, so here we are. These screenshots are relatively old.
- Single user read-only access; log in and read home timeline
- Fix edge cases of toot display (CW, media, boosts)
- Multi-user, multi-instance support
- Add support for reading local and federated timelines, notifications, favorites, threads
- Add support for tag timelines
- Add support for viewing profiles
- Add support for posting.
- Add support for posting media.
- Add support for favoriting and boosting toots.
- Add support for following, blocking, and muting users.
No automatic page updates: refresh the page to see new toots. No endless scroll: there's a "next page" link. No autocompletion of anything: use another lynx process in another screen window to look things up. UTF8 clean.